How to organise a walk?
If you can’t find a walk local to you, why not organise your own Great Global Greyhound Walk? Anyone is very welcome to.
We have a really helpful guide GGGW Rules which you can download. If you still have questions then do visit our group on Facebook … lots of organisers are there to offer help and advice or we can link you up with a mentor. You can also contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Then when you’re ready to go for it simply register your walk online, there are just a few common sense rules we ask you to stick to.
What types of walks are there?
There are three types of walk you can do
- Greyhound & Sighthound Only – just as it says; no messing.
- Greyhound PLUS – greyhounds, sighthounds and other breeds from a greyhound family (companion dogs).
- Little Local Walk – you can’t get to one of the large organised walks but still want to be involved? Then register with us and walk with your hounds and you’ll be a part of this exciting day. You’re just as important!
Whether you use a megaphone, Hi-Viz coat or a stall it’s good to know who’s in charge.
What happens after you register?
- We’ll approve your registration and your walk will then be added to the map and be on the ‘The List’
- We’ll ask you to check your online walk details and remind you that free promotional materials can be ordered online
- Your walk will be promoted through the website and Facebook
- Our volunteers are here to help you with any part of your walk from general moral support, ideas for making it a bigger event to helping to do a Risk Assessment if you’re asked for one
- We’ll keep you in touch with GGGW developments by email and text
- On walk day, we’ll text you and wait for you to text us back with your hound numbers
- Whatever type of walk you’re doing during walk day we’ll be texting organisers and updating Facebook and Twitter so that you’re updated with the national/international total.
2015 saw walks being organised not just in the UK but around the World!